MOSQUITO SQUAD OF GRAND RAPIDS JOINS MALARIA NO MORE TO DRAW ATTENTION TO MALARIA EPIDEMIC THROUGH WORLD MALARIA DAY, APRIL 25, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI (April 18, 2012) –Mosquito Squad of Grand Rapids (http://www.grandrapids.mosquitosquad.com) is joining forces with Malaria No More, (http://www.malarianomore.org/) to raise awareness of malaria as a disease that is treatable and preventable through the recognition of World Malaria Day on April 25, 2012.
In fact, Mosquito Squad, (http://www.mosquitosquad.com/) North America’s largest and most trusted mosquito elimination and tick control company, recently committed more than $50,000 to the help Malaria No More achieve its goal of ending malaria deaths in Africa, and local franchisees are supporting the effort through a variety of grassroots activities.
“This day of awareness is a perfect rallying point to educate people about malaria and give then a focus and a way to make a difference in the world,” said Dan Dykstra of Mosquito Squad of Grand Rapids.
While Malaria was eradicated in the U.S. more than 50 years ago, it continues to take the life of a child every minute. In fact, more than 650,000 people die every year from Malaria, with 86 percent of those deaths occurring in children. The good news is that Malaria is preventable and treatable – and with a simple tool like a $10 mosquito net, up to two children can be protected from the deadly disease. Donate via http://www.MalariaNoMore.org/.
To eliminate mosquitoes in yards and outdoors spaces in the local area, Dan Dykstra recommends the following tips:
1. Tip. Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls.
2. Toss. Excess grass, leaves, piles, fire wood.
3. Turn. Turn over larger items like children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys.
4. Remove tarps. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
5. Treat. Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray. Mosquito Squad’s eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
About Mosquito Squad
Approaching 100 franchise locations nationwide, Mosquito Squad is an Outdoor Living Brands company specializing in eliminating mosquitoes and ticks from outdoor living spaces. For more information, visit http://www.mosquitosquad.com .
About Malaria No More
Malaria No More is determined to help the world reach the global goal of near zero malaria deaths by 2015. Malaria No More leverages high-impact communications to engage the world, global advocacy to rally leadership and strategic investments to accelerate progress. Visit http://www.MalariaNoMore.org/.